DIY #4, my hand-painted ombre monogram, looked way better in my imagination, and I thought DIY # 5, my stamped edible keepsake, was pretty, but I don’t think anyone else did. The ruffle heart below (DIY #6) definitely had some staying power (especially around Valentine’s Day) and has had a good run.
I loved the puffy heart toppers (DIY #9), but by the time I photographed them they had faded to an unattractive gray-ish pink, sort of like a baby hamster, and DIY # 10 (fondant fortune cookies) ended up kind of goofy. My DIY “mock”arons (DIY #11) are a bit of an embarrassment (although I still secretly think the name was was pretty brilliant). I’m going to revisit and improve the buttercream ruffles I did for DIY #12, seen here. I know I can really make those work (if only I can remember which tip I used).
DIYs #13 and 14 (the sprinkled cake topper and fondant cake cups) are pretty forgettable as far as I’m concerned, but the cranberry garland (DIY #15) was kind of cute, as were the tissue paper flowers for #16 (except for maybe that backdrop).
I wish DIY #17 never happened, but I loved #18, my chalkboard monogram cookies (photos by Brooke Allison).
DIYs #19 and #20 (herb garland and piped hydrangea, respectively) were fine I guess, although both probably looked better in my head. My edible table numbers (#21) never quite got off the ground, and my summer berry cupcakes (#22) never photographed well (although they were quite pretty in person).
I liked the lavender sugar cookie mix in a jar (#23), and held on to the lavender-scented flour for a few weeks before I finally tossed it. The DIY mini hearts (#24) were super cute (abeit extremely labor intensive).
And DIY #25, booze infusions, is not even remotely cake-related (although they were a lot of fun to make).
So there you have it: 25 sort-of-okay-if-you-don’t-count-all-of-them DIYs. Thanks Project Wedding for allowing me to get crazy and creative, and for trusting in me.