The following recipe is from the Cherry Nut Cake recipe book, and is a delicious recipe for a cherry nut cake. This recipe can also be found in the Cherry Nut Cake book.
This Cherry Nut Cake is one of my absolute favorite desserts. The combination of cherries, almonds, and white chocolate is so delicious, and you can feel good about eating it because of the almonds. This cake is perfect for any time of the year, and would go great with a glass of cold milk on a hot day.
After making the Nutella Cherry Cake recipe for Easter, it got me thinking about all the other ways that I could use cherries in my baking.
Summer is cherry time, so the perfect opportunity to make a homemade cherry pecan pie. This delicious dessert looks like a classic cherry pie, but the recipe adds walnuts and coconut to make it even more delicious. It’s juicy, perfectly sweet and adorned with cherries and nuts in every bite. With ingredients like cake from a box and instant pudding, this delicious cherry nut cake is very easy to make. Just combine the ingredients, bake and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve it with afternoon tea, at a picnic, at a party, or as a fresh, summer dessert after a meal.
How to peel fresh cherries
The easiest way to peel fresh cherries is with a pitter, but if you don’t have one, don’t feel bad. Insert a toothpick into the cherry and twist it around the pit to remove it. Then cut the cherries in half. It’s so simple!
How to make Cherry Pecan Pie
You will need a baking dish for the cherry pecan pie. The first step is to preheat the oven to 350°F and grease the baking dish. For the cake mix, whisk together the cake mix, instant pudding, buttermilk, eggs and butter. Add the grated coconut, pecans and cherries. Pour the batter into the baking dish and smooth it out with a spatula or the back of a spoon. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for at least an hour before removing it. To finish it off, glaze it with icing and sprinkle with powdered sugar if you like.
Tips for making homemade cherry pie
– Fresh cherries are the most delicious in this homemade cherry pie, but you can also use frozen cherries or even maraschino cherries. Don’t forget to dry the cherries after you cut them in half.
– If you’re not sure if your cherry-hazelnut pie is ready to come out of the oven, stick a toothpick in the center of the pie. When it’s done, the toothpick should come out clean.
– Heavy cream can be used instead of milk for a richer glaze.
– To make this delicious cake even more appealing, decorate it with fresh cherries.
– Add a little lemon juice to the glaze for a simple but delicious change of pace.
– To make the cake even more decadent, you can decorate it with buttercream frosting or sprinkle the batter with chocolate chips.
Pour the glaze over the cake, let stand for another 15 minutes and serve.
Measure the cherries, after having stoned them and cut them in half.
Use a 10-inch baking dish for this recipe.Another classic fall dessert, this cherry nut cake is a delicious treat that is sure to put you in the holiday spirit. It has a delicious cherry almond filling, and a moist, homemade almond cake..
Read more about cherry almond wedding cake recipe and let us know what you think.