If you are like most people, when you go on vacation you want to relax and enjoy yourself, without having to worry about cooking or cleaning. However, with a little preparation and creativity, you can make meals that will not only be easy to prepare but also pleasing to the palate. In this article, we will outline some of the easiest meals to make when you are on vacation.
Planning a Vacation Meal
When you’re planning a vacation, it can be tough to come up with ideas for filling and healthy meals. Thankfully, there are plenty of easy meals that you can make when you’re on vacation! Here are six easy meals that will help you avoid feeling overloaded or guilty while on your break:
- Grilled cheese sandwich: This classic sandwich is easy to make and can be filled with anything from ham and brie to bacon and avocado. Just layer the cheese between two slices of bread and grill until melted and bubbly.
- Roasted veggie wrap: This dish is perfect for vegetarians or those looking for a healthy meal option. Start by preparing a mix of roasted vegetables, such as zucchini, yellow squash, and mushrooms, then roll them up in a wrap with hummus or tahini sauce for extra flavor.
- Chicken Caesar salad: This salad is so easy to make that even the busiest person will be able to put it together in minutes. Simply mix together romaine lettuce, chicken, croutons, Parmesan cheese, and Caesar dressing before serving chilled or at room temperature.
- Yogurt parfait: This refreshing dish is perfect for a hot day. Simply layer two scoops of yogurt, granola, and fruit in a jar or cup before storing in the fridge for an easy breakfast or snack.
- BBQ shrimp: This dish is perfect for summertime barbecues. Start by cooking shrimp in a skillet until just done, then toss them with your favorite BBQ sauce and shredded cheese.
- Tuna salad wrap: This dish is perfect for days when you’re not feeling too hungry but still want something healthy to eat. Start by mixing together tuna, mayonnaise, and diced celery before rolling it up in a wrap with shredded lettuce and sliced tomatoes.
Cheap and Delicious Vacation Ideas
When you are on vacation, don’t waste your money by eating out all the time. There are plenty of easy meals you can make yourself that won’t break the bank. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Pizza: This is a classic vacation meal, and there are so many ways to make it. You can use Pillsbury pizza dough, or try making your own pizza sauce using canned tomatoes and garlic. Just add your favorite toppings and you’re good to go!
- Grilled cheese: This is another classic recipe that is easy to make and very affordable. Just buy some slices of cheese (cheddar, American, Swiss, etc.) and wrap them in bread slices. You can also top them with avocado, tomatoes, and basil leaves for extra flavor.
- Burrito bowl: This is another great option when you’re on a budget. All you need is some tortilla wraps, proteins (chicken or beef), lettuce, shredded cheese, and salsa or hot sauce. It’s also a great way to get in some fiber and healthy fats.
- Quiche: This dish is perfect for summertime because it’s easy to make and doesn’t require any baking. Just mix together eggs, cheese, and some vegetables (carrots, broccoli, etc.) in a pie dish, and bake it in a preheated oven.
- Sausage and egg breakfast burrito: This is another great option if you’re looking for something hearty but not too expensive to eat on vacation. Just heat up some tortilla wraps with some cooked sausage and scrambled eggs, and top with shredded cheese and avocado. You can also add your favorite vegetables for extra flavor.
- Grilled chicken and vegetables: This is a simple but delicious meal that can be made in just a few minutes. Start by spraying some olive oil or cooking spray over a grill or grill pan, and then place the chicken breasts on it. Grill them until they are cooked through, and then add your favorite vegetables (broccoli, spinach, etc.) to the grill for added flavor.
- Chicken and rice: This is another simple but delicious dish that can be made in just a few minutes. Just cook some rice in a pot on the stovetop, and then add cooked chicken breast to it. You can also add butter chicken sauce, diced tomatoes, green onions, and shredded cheese for extra flavor.
- Homemade ice cream: This is a great option if you’re looking for something delicious but not too expensive to eat on vacation. Just mix together some ingredients (milk, heavy cream, sugar, eggs) in a bowl, and freeze it into ice cream cubes or balls. You can also add different flavors (chocolate, strawberry, mixed berry) to make it even more exciting!
Different Types of Vacation Foods
When you are on vacation, it is important to enjoy the time away from work and home. One way to do this is by cooking your own meals instead of eating out all the time.
Here are some of the different types of foods you can cook on vacation:
- Burgers: You can cook burgers on a grill or in a pan.
- Grilled chicken: Chicken can be grilled using a variety of techniques, including direct heat and indirect heat.
- Seafood: You can cook seafood using a variety of methods, such as boiling, poaching, or grilling.
- Tacos: Tacos are a popular food item to eat on vacation. You can make tacos using a variety of ingredients, including ground beef, chicken, fish, and vegetables.
- Sides: Sides are also a popular food item to eat on vacation. You can enjoy sides such as salads, fruit, and rice.
We’ve put together this list of easy meals you can make when you’re on vacation and don’t have time for anything more complicated. From chicken breasts with broccoli and cheese to tacos and ice-cream, these dishes will hold up under even the busiest of conditions. Bon Appétit!