Ever since its explosive start a few years ago, the online gambling industry has continued to rise in popularity and growth with thousands of new players signing up for online casinos on a daily basis.
According to UFABET Casino, one of the leading online casinos in SouthEast Asia, millions of casino players play at online casinos daily for entertainment, trying their luck out and as a source of income.
However, with the rising number of casino players, there has also been a rising number of online gambling fraud cases. Most people are still unaware of these cases which is why we are writing this article talking in detail about what is online gambling fraud, what are the different types of gambling frauds and what are the solutions to this problem.
What is online gambling fraud?
To understand how to prevent it from happening in the first place, you need to first understand what online gambling fraud is and how it works. Online gambling fraud is, in its essence, any illegal exploitation done by an individual or a group of individuals in an online casino to get monetary gains for themselves.
The most common type of gambling fraud is match-fixing and generating multiple accounts though there are many types of gambling frauds out there which we will discuss presently.
What are the different types of fraud?
There are several different types of gambling fraud that players use to exploit a casino of their money, such as –
- Multiple account fraud – In this type of fraud, the fraudsters create multiple accounts on an online casino for various means such as match fixing, availing the bonus codes or tricking the game into their favor.
- Stolen credit cards – One of the easiest ways a fraudster can cash in money from a stolen credit card is by using the credit card’s information to deposit all of the card’s money into their casino account, thereby looting the card without leaving much of a trace.
- Chargeback fraud – This is one of the most common types of fraud and, unfortunately, is most commonly done by regular casino players. These players play casino games, lose a lot of money while playing and then call their banks and misinform them that someone used their money to play at an online casino and they need a chargeback refund for it.
Solutions to gambling fraud
A simple and effective way to ensure safety against online gambling fraud is by integrating several KYC practices into your website’s framework and interface during the user registration process. These practices are very simple and effective, such as –
- ID verification proof of the individual depending on the country they are from.
- Age verification proof of the user.
- PEP (Politically exposed person) verification that checks whether a certain user is related to prominent or famous individuals such as a politician, famous actor, etc.
Additionally, having an identity verification software in your website that checks a user’s IP address, location, email, fingerprints, and other forms of data also helps considerably to prevent gambling frauds.
It is crucial that you understand the basics of online gambling fraud and what are the solutions to avoid them if you wish to maintain a successful online casino business. We hope this article was insightful for you and if it was, please consider following our website for regular updates as it will help us out immensely.